Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Quit my job today to focus full time on self study


full image - Repost: Quit my job today to focus full time on self study (from Reddit.com, Quit my job today to focus full time on self study)
Guess I'm just sharing my excitement and asking for tips. Full disclosure: I have a very low COL, 6 months of savings, a supportive family and a fire to do this. I've been working full time remotely for a call center and after switching to this most recent center, realized I need out.June 21st I tried programming for the first time, spent more time making my computer work than doing anything. June 22nd I bought a new laptop and told myself I'm doing this.Every day since then, I've woken up at 5am to code from 6am-8am before work. Weekends 3-5hr is the norm a day is the norm. I realized this is what I really want for a career when I started using my work PTO to take off so I could work on my projects.I guess this is just a post to share but I of course want any and all tips!! I'm currently working through the Odin Project since day of 1 of this journey and am currently on the library project. My plan from here is to simply continue working TOP while building extra projects on the side as I go for family to further refine my skills.Like I said I'm lucky enough to have a super low COL ($1000 a month is comfortable, yes I live in america) so once my portfolio is a bit larger, start trying to get upwork jobs since even 1-2 low paying jobs a month will pay my bills.Keep working, keep refining and hopefully become a w2 dev somewhere sooner than later.TLDR: Quit job, 6 months savings and strong support network with a very LCOL. Working through odin project, currently on the library project, just looking for tips and words of wisdom.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.