Saturday, September 3, 2022

Losing lots of speed from router to devices


full image - Repost: Losing lots of speed from router to devices (from Reddit.com, Losing lots of speed from router to devices)
Hey all, had a question I'm hoping someone will know the answer to. I just switched ISPs yesterday, to ATT Fiber, and with that came their proprietary gateway. I have a mesh wifi setup with a router and two satellites (Orbi RBR50's), and I wanted to keep using those, so I asked the tech to setup the gateway is passthrough, and disable the wifi network that it provides. It's working fine, *except* that the speed from the router to my devices is significantly slower than the speed coming into the house and from the gateway to the router. The Orbi app has a built-in speed test, and it shows that we're getting the full gig, but tests run on all of my devices, including a desktop that's "wired" (ethernet from one of the satellites to the computer) show less than half of that. Still very good speed, but not close to the full output. I'm not sure why that might be. My wireless devices are new enough that they should support high speeds, and the Orbi, while not 802.11ax, is at least ac (I'm almost positive that's the case, anyway). This persists after rebooting devices, the router, the gateway, everything.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.