Saturday, October 1, 2022

Gf (26F) convinced me (26M) to move to Florida a year ago. Now she wants to move back because she isn't enjoying it and isn't doing as great as she imagined. But I'm loving it and doing great and don't want to move back. Is a break up inevitable?


full image - Repost: Gf (26F) convinced me (26M) to move to Florida a year ago. Now she wants to move back because she isn't enjoying it and isn't doing as great as she imagined. But I'm loving it and doing great and don't want to move back. Is a break up inevitable? (from Reddit.com, Gf (26F) convinced me (26M) to move to Florida a year ago. Now she wants to move back because she isn't enjoying it and isn't doing as great as she imagined. But I'm loving it and doing great and don't want to move back. Is a break up inevitable?)
My gf and I got together in our last year of uni and have now been together for about 3 years. I got a degree in engineering and she got a business degree. When we moved in together about 1 year into our relationship right after we graduated, we both started working in the city near our hometown. We were both doing good at our jobs and eventually planned to move to the city and build our lives there but still be close to our family.But about a year later my gf completely changed her mind. She somehow fell in love with the idea of moving to Florida (more specific, the Miami area). She kept telling me how great it would be for our career, social life and life experience if we oved there. She kept telling me how awesome it would be to live there and how fun our social lives would be. I was very reluctant at first because we were already doing great career wise living in our home state and being around our family and close friends. i initially also wasn't a big fan of moving to such an expensive city because I thought we wouldn't be able to properly save money and build a future financially. I was also a bit worried about the pressure we would be getting working in such a big city. But after doing some research on the engineering jobs I would be able to get I releasid that it I had some pretty good opportunities our there so I agreed to the move.It has now been a little over a year since we moved and both my gf and I have had vastly different experiences living here. My gf hasn't enjoyed the move at all because her job isn't as fun as she expected and she has had a hard time dealing with the pressure put on her to perform at work. She also underestmated how expensive living here is and hasn't been able to save as much as she would've liked. She has also not been doing great socially and has had a hard time making new friends and connections. She has kind of been a bit of a loner the past year and didn't really have anybody else to spend time with besides me.I on the other hand am loving the move and have been doing great career wise, financially and socially. My intially financial worries that I had were completely unnecessary because I am actually earning significantly more in the same field then I did back home. I am also enjoying the more competitive side that has been brought to my job and have actually been able to excell in my career much more in 1 year than I would've in 5 years back in our home state. The increase in living cost has been compensated very well by my increase in pay at my new job. I have also been doing great socially. I have made a lot of great new friends and have been able to network with people that I would've never been able to meet back home. So all in all, I have been loving it and am ready to build my future out here.When my gf initially told me that she hasn't been enjoying it, I communicated to her openly and asked her what has been bothering her and she pretty much explained what I wrote here above. So to help her, I took some action. Firstly I have started taking pretty much all of the mutual living cost upon myself and have strated pretty much paying all our bills. This was no problem for me because myy job allowed me to do this comfortably and this would allow my gf to have more breathing room financially. I also tried to introduce my gf to some of my new female friends so she could get to know them better and maybe do things with them that she did back home with friends. But her response after meeting them has always been that these women are different from her friends back home and that she wants to be with them. This pretty much left us at a stand still.My gf asked me to move back home and return to our old lives but I told her that I don't want that. I followed my gf in moving out here and left everything behind so I could make her happy and let her follow her dreams. And I feel like now it is her turn to listen to what I want and give me the chance to enjoy my life out here and build my career. We got into a heated argument about this and haven't been able to resolve it. Truth be told, I have no desire to move any time soon and am also not moving any time soon. She keeps saying that she wants to move back. We both realise that we want different things and that this matter might be the end of our relationship.What do you guys think we can do in our situation and continue our relationship witout anybody resenting eachother? Or is this a lost cause and is breaking up the only solution?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.