Thursday, November 10, 2022

How to handle an early jump to a senior role.


full image - Repost: How to handle an early jump to a senior role. (from Reddit.com, How to handle an early jump to a senior role.)
Sorry going to keep specifics vague, I've worked at a pretty small company for around a year and our main product is a software that is run in house by clients for their servers and networking. When I was hired the plan was to work directly with the CTO(who built the app) to be mentored and trained to eventually be the Senior Software Engineer for the software as well as providing some customer support since the software is pretty technical. I should also note that I was hired as part of a plan to build out the development side of the company, so currently it's just the CTO and I as the only developersWell earlier this week I learned the CTO is leaving the company at the end of the month and after talking to the COO and CFO they want to immediately bump me to the senior role and try to get another developer or 2 on board. Since I have the most knowledge of the software and have spent the past year learning all I can and doing a bulk of the bug fixes and feature work. Only problem is I am in no way knowledgeable enough to be the senior, I spent 90% of my time in the core app and API (which I am very comfortable with) but barely touched the numerous other services we have, which are all pretty specialized and built by the CTO. Just from attempting to help with client support work has shown how little I know about a lot of the technical use of the software.Not to mention I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO LEAD A TEAM or what to look for in the interview process. I have worked on many projects with multiple teams with many other devs but never as the lead, like my goal was always to be a Senior Dev leading teams, but not this early. I already told the COO and CFO how I have a fraction of knowledge that the CTO does and to voice my concerns about the hole the CTO is leaving. But they just said they have confidence in me, and will be working along side me the best they can even though they are not developers in any way.So ya kind of worrying how much I'll tank the company if I'm the highest ranking dev or if I should just jump ship too and find another job even though seems like might be harder now with the recession and all the layoffs.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.