Saturday, January 6, 2024

Any benefit using a LAGG on the DEC2750 SFP+ ports?


full image - Repost: Any benefit using a LAGG on the DEC2750 SFP+ ports? (from Reddit.com, Any benefit using a LAGG on the DEC2750 SFP+ ports?)
I recent bought a DEC2750 which has two SFP+ ports. Currently I'm using one port for just my 10gb network all on same VLAN/subnet and the other goes to my current Extreme x460 stacked switches. This link has multiple VLANs. I have a Ubiquity USW-Pro-Aggregation for the 10Gb switch. I'm currently replacing my EOL 3rd hand Extreme switches for two Ubiquity Pro Max 48 POE switches. The DEC2750 says it supports 10Gbps throughput firewall. This is fine since I'm currently keeping everything that needs 10Gb on the 10Gb switch and same VLAN/subnet. I have no plans on having any hardware in the near future than needs to be on different 10Gb VLANs.The way I have things setup is just to learn more about networking and what it can do. Even though I don't really need all the fancy switches, VLANs, and firewalls I'm wanting to learn more with home equipment since this is what I'm doing for my job. I have no schooling for networking. Just all self taught. Same way with everything else I know about computing.Anyway my main question is about LAGG and its use with the DEC2750. Is there any benefit in putting the two SFP+ ports into a LAGG into the USW-Pro-Aggregation switch?Or should I just feed my 10Gb switch with one port and feed the other two with the other port kind of like I have setup now?My current thinking is that I could LAGG from the DEC2750 to the 10Gb switch. Run all my VLANs though that. Keep all my 10Gb stuff on the same VLAN/subnet to keep it from routing through the firewall. Then LAGG from the 10Gb switch to the first Pro Max 48 then LAGG from that switch to the next Pro Max 48.Even if there is no benefits in doing it this way is this a valid way of hooking everything up? Even just as a learning experience?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.