Sunday, July 31, 2022

I went to a job interview in makeup and a dress last week. I just heard back and I got the job!


full image - Repost: I went to a job interview in makeup and a dress last week. I just heard back and I got the job! (from Reddit.com, I went to a job interview in makeup and a dress last week. I just heard back and I got the job!)
I've been working at the same place for the last 14 years, and last month I got the news I've been dreading for a long time. We're closing down. We never really recovered from the hit we took during the pandemic and although we've managed to limp along this far, we're just out of money and can't keep the doors open anymore. I was terrified. I haven't had to look for a job in a long time and on top of that I knew from some of friends that doing so as a trans person can be fraught with difficulty.But it's not like I had a choice so with the help of my friends I wrote a resume and started putting in applications. A lot of places just never responded. A few more were enthusiastic right up until the first interview and then ghosted me immediately after. But I won't hide, not ever again. So I kept trying.One of the places I applied to was right up there on the improbable dreams scale: a small, tightly-knit company voted one the best places to work in their city for the last five years in a row. Their office building is in an idyllic mountain pass 1,000 miles away so getting a job and moving there seemed like a pipe dream but I applied anyway. And they called me back! And the zoom interview went really well! And every single person I emailed at their company has their pronouns in their email signature! Then they sent me an email a week later asking if I'd be willing to fly to up and meet their CEO, so of course I said yes!I showed up to the interview wearing the prettiest work-appropriate dress I own and after talking to them for a few hours I had a really good feeling about it. I flew back home and waited to hear back.They just called me and told me that I got the job. I'm their new Network Admin! I can't stop crying I'm gonna get out of Texas! My family's going to be safe!! Y'all I've been so so very scared and I've got so much to do to get ready to move but I just had to tell someone!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.