Saturday, July 23, 2022

My (30f) supervisor/friend (33f) is convinced I am flirting with our boss to steal her job


full image - Repost: My (30f) supervisor/friend (33f) is convinced I am flirting with our boss to steal her job (from Reddit.com, My (30f) supervisor/friend (33f) is convinced I am flirting with our boss to steal her job)
My (30f) friend/old supervisor (33f) and I were having lunch yesterday and discussing our boss. I did an unpaid internship with her for my school program and our boss took interest in me and wanted to hire me. The budget wouldn’t allow it and so I didn’t get the job. After my internship, my boss invited me out to a networking event to try and get me a job. We ended up staying out pretty late and both got pretty drunk. He was being flirtatious, told me I was pretty, but I really didn’t respond. I’m engaged and I knew his behavior was not appropriate. He then told me that he would like to hire me as his assistant, and because I really needed a job, I agreed.Fast forward, the assistant job never happened but my boss assured me that he would help me find something. He made it clear that he would like to have me take my supervisors position one day. I made it clear that I didn’t want her to be fired for me to take it, because she’s my friend and I knew she would never talk to me again. So since then, he’s been trying to help me find a job within the same company, but not at his building.Now fast forward to yesterday. My friend/supervisor and I are having lunch. She told me that she is planning on quitting soon and said “obviously they will call you to hire you.” I told her that I do want to work there because I know the boss is chill, but that my fiancé is not comfortable with me working for him, and that I don’t need that drama in my life. We were talking about how strange it was that he was trying so hard to get me hired, and my friend pointed out that he flirts with me a lot. I blurted out “I have flirted with him too. Well, I guess I just flirt with everyone, or that’s what they think. When I’m being nice to someone, they think I’m flirting with them.” Her mood instantly changed. I was driving her back to work and she was getting pretty heated and saying “if he wants you so bad, he can have you. I’m tired of being treated like this.” She then later texted me saying that she can’t believe I “admitted to having a flirtatious relationship with him” and “our friendship is void and over, lose my number and stop texting me.” I brought up the fact that she herself was in a relationship and that she was being flirty with the maintenance guy. She went as far as to tell me that she would sometimes look at his bulge. She also told me that she found our boss attractive but she could never be with him because he’s a vegan. I reminded her that I have never hit on our boss or flirted with him, but that I can see how it can be perceived like that from him.Basically, she accused me of flirting with him to take her job. Which is not true. I did stay friendly with him in hopes that he would hire me for a different position, or hire me when she left. I am completely dumbfounded. I tried to explain to her that that’s not the truth at all, and she ended up blocking me.I have a job interview this week. She put in a good word for me before this huge blow up. And she is one of my references. I am worried that she is going to sabotage that now for me. I am also worried that she is going to go to our boss and tell him everything that I told her. He had told me that he didn’t like a few of the employees (inappropriate on his part) and I shared that information with her yesterday in confidence and with the idea that she’s leaving soon anyways. I am so sick over this. I can’t sleep, can’t eat. Her bf tried to reach out to my fiancé on FB, I’m assuming to tell him that “I’m having a flirtatious relationship with my old boss.” Thankfully, my fiancé just deleted the message and didn’t respond. I know I need to tell him what’s going on, but I am worried it will cause conflict in our relationship like it has in the past. I told my fiancé everything about my boss and we both agreed that the relationship is not appropriate and that he was hitting on me. I think my supervisor is upset that our boss was giving me attention and trying to get me a job, to then one day take her job. She feels threatened and like he just wants to fire her and hire me.I have tried explaining everything to her. I have apologized. I have brought up logic. She still just has me blocked. Now I don’t know what this next week looks like for me. Is she gonna blow up and tell our boss everything? Is she gonna play it cool and just finish out her last few weeks? Is she still going to keep trying to reach out to my fiancé? I feel like she is trying to ruin my life, even though I have done nothing to her. I confided in her and she betrayed me. How do I get over this? Am I the bad guy?TL/DR: My supervisor blew up on me and blocked me because she thinks I am trying to take her job by flirting with our boss. She also tried to reach out to my fiancé to tell him about my “relationship” with our boss. I think she is taking things way too extreme and is being overly paranoid. I do not want to work for my boss because I don’t need the drama or gossip that he and I are a thing, when we aren’t.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.