Friday, July 29, 2022

Turns out I don't like iPhone after all. Oh well.


Install -> FaceID -> Double-click the side button, then a ding I can't turn off.For something that is supposed to "just work", there are a lot of things that aren't. Too many for my frustration threshold to deal with. I'm sure that otherwise at least some of those I could learn to live with (how often do I really need to pair a BT device, forex?) or easily fixed ("Hello, Apple? I'd like to activate AppleCare+ please..."). But a lot of them are that's just the way it is and will not change. This was a good experiment, I guess, but it's back to Android for me. Maybe tomorrow, or maybe next week. I have two weeks to return the things." title="Turns out I don't like iPhone after all. Oh well.">full image - Repost: Turns out I don't like iPhone after all. Oh well. (from Reddit.com, Turns out I don't like iPhone after all. Oh well.)
After sixish years of Android, I got an iPhone 13 Pro Max yesterday. And the more I go into setting it up, the more I'm actually regretting it. So far, the only thing that's working as it should is the iWatch...Some of these are big things for me, some are minor annoyances that in aggregate becomes a big thing. In no particular order:There is no separate Camera Roll folder/album.iTunes (PC) takes for.ever to load. I'm talking on the order of 5+ minutes with zero indication from Windows that anything is happening.WiFi sync has been enabled in iTunes but is non-existent.Maybe I'm just used to the excellent search in MediaMonkey, but the search in iTunes is very lacking.Music app on the iPhone, even with "Sound Check" on, the per-track volume is all over the place. And it's worse in CarPlay.No apparent option to specifically set default appsHow many hoops will I have to jump through to get my own custom ringtones installed? Most of which were created for and used with older iPhones?I miss the always-on clockI miss using the phone's clock for sleep music and alarms via Pandora musicIt feels thicker than the s20+, but does not actually appear to be. It is definitely heavier.It doesn't tell me if it's charging fast, normal, or barely-keeping-up-with-usage. Does not tell me if it's switching to wireless charging when plugged into CarPlay and then put in a QI chargerTo pair my bluetooth devices, I had to long-press on the BT icon in the Control Center, then long-press on the BT icon in the popup, then tap on Bluetooth Settings on that popup.... the Android it's just long-press on the BT icon in the control panel pull downTo get to Wifi, it's the same long and winding road. And when looking at the connected network, doesn't give any indication as to the quality or speed of the connectionDo I really have 5G? Using the same SIM that was in my Galaxy, I only got LTE cellular, not 5G, in the same area that is always 5G for the GalaxyEven with Location Service turned off for 99% of the things, I keep seeing the location service icon in the status bar. Granted, that could just be because the weather app has been granted always permissionAt purchase time yesterday, I saw the Apple salesguy add AppleCare+ to my purchase for both the watch and the phone, but it did not go through for the phone. And it's telling me I have 60 days to activate (and pay for) it, but it won't. Just goes around in circles with no errors on confirming. Not spinning, just "continue", "Confirm", then back to "Continue" with no payment optionThe triple confirm to download/install an app from the App Store is annoying - Get -> Install -> FaceID -> Double-click the side button, then a ding I can't turn off.For something that is supposed to "just work", there are a lot of things that aren't. Too many for my frustration threshold to deal with. I'm sure that otherwise at least some of those I could learn to live with (how often do I really need to pair a BT device, forex?) or easily fixed ("Hello, Apple? I'd like to activate AppleCare+ please..."). But a lot of them are that's just the way it is and will not change. This was a good experiment, I guess, but it's back to Android for me. Maybe tomorrow, or maybe next week. I have two weeks to return the things.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.