Saturday, September 24, 2022

Windows 11, odd networking issue with 2 adapters


full image - Repost: Windows 11, odd networking issue with 2 adapters (from Reddit.com, Windows 11, odd networking issue with 2 adapters)
Since upgrading to windows 11 (I know, bad decision.. Thought it was like the imo faux win 10 hate, not that it was fundamentally broken). I have an odd issue that I can't figure out why a transfer between 2 directly connected computers is split across 2 adapters, sending over both lan and the direct connection. I have used this set up for over a year, never had an issue until windows 11. I have reset every thing, reinstalled the adapter drivers and still have the same issue. At this point I'm near convinced it is a bug at the core system level.The files are being transferred with robocopy and it is explicitly sending to the address of the receiving pc's direct connection (192.168.2.2). My main network is 192.168.0.xxx .But I would like to get a 2nd opinion as to make sure this isn't just a case of user error.Diagram of network layoutSending PC network activityReceiving PC network activitySending PC ethernet configSending PC ethernet config alt viewSending PC routing tableWhile I am somewhat versed in networking a lot still goes over my head, I have tried much trouble shooting, switched between adapters on the sending pc, reset the network settings and re-entered them. I have configured this multiple times and have never had an issue before, I just don't get it. Googling leads to a dead end as it is a very specific and I assume not often occurring situation.The only thing that comes to mind, is maybe it has something to do with workgroups? But I am not really knowledgeable on them, the sending pc also has Hyper-V installed, so idk if some how that is messing with the routing. This is causing me lots of issues and it lowers my throughput, and also congest my home network. I was using the direct connection, and then routing the other pc through the switch as to avoid bogging down connections through the router.I should just use linux, I know that. I have to have windows on my main desktop and was keeping everything windows based as to be able to just robocopy easily, as I had some issues with samba reliability when I first tried it. I'd really like to figure this out as it has been driving me insane, and there has to be a root cause.Any help or insight is much appreciated.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.