Saturday, November 19, 2022

Spectrum community wifi... Extend signal/problem


full image - Repost: Spectrum community wifi... Extend signal/problem (from Reddit.com, Spectrum community wifi... Extend signal/problem)
Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with a possibly multi-layered issue with my wifi. I apologize in advance for the length of my post.I live in an apartment and we have Spectrum community wifi. The signal isn't great and/or is slow and unreliable in some of the rooms, mainly the bedrooms, which are furthest from the living room (where the whole "internet setup" is). I would like to get a better signal in the rooms that need one, and possibly have another direct connection aside from the one in the living room. There's a phone jack in almost every room and a coax cable outlet in a couple of the rooms but the only Ethernet jack in the whole apartment is in the living room. I'm trying to get a job working from home and a lot of them require a direct connection, but also a private room to work in, so I'd rather not move the computer to the living room.I have a little TP-Link AC750 wifi range extender, but I can't seem to get it working properly. I followed the setup instructions which included entering the password to connect to my wifi, and went to charter.guestinternet.com and added the MAC address of the extender, but I'm still not able to use it. On one device it says "no internet connection". On another device, it's supposedly connected (no error message) but apps that require internet won't load and when I try to access any websites at all, I get an error message saying "Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from _____ " . The error message also says NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID.There's another problem I've been having that might be related, but it only happens on my phone, no other devices. Even though I've added my phone's MAC address on charter.guestinternet.com AND have logged into the wifi using my wifi access password (via the wifi settings on my phone) AND have my phone set to auto-connect to my wifi at home, I keep losing access.An "X" appears on the wifi icon in my status bar and I get a notification to "sign in to the network". When I tap the notification, it TRIES to send me to an "addmydevice" website (showing a different web address than the one I log into to add the MAC addresses) but I get a security alert warning me about the website not being secure. At that point, the "X" on the wifi icon usually goes away and I'm connected again, so I just close that tab. Sometimes I have to do this several times before I'm actually connected. If I have something urgent to do and can't get it to work after a few tries, then I just turn off the wifi on my phone and use my data, and when I turn it back on later the issue usually has resolved itself.I also have a TP-Link AC1750 router someone gave me and was wondering if I might have better luck using that to extend the wifi signal, but I don't know how to access the setting for the router that the internet access is coming through, with it being community wifi.The "internet setup" is snuggled into the wall in the living room and I can see a basic-looking white modem (I can't see the brand or model number on the back of it because it's tie-strapped in, but if necessary I can cut it and put another one on later), an Arris TM1602 modem, a MikroTik Hex series Routerboard (if I need the model number, I'll have to cut the tie-strap for that as well), and a Wattbox WB-300-IP-3.Thank you for any answers/suggestions.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.