Saturday, January 14, 2023

What's a good HomeKit dimmer switch these days?


full image - Repost: What's a good HomeKit dimmer switch these days? (from Reddit.com, What's a good HomeKit dimmer switch these days?)
I last got in-wall smart switches from iDevices several years ago. They've been mostly good, but are sensitive to network interruptions and will sometimes turn off and then back on after a second or so. They work, but I don't love them. One is refusing to work, and deleting and re-adding it isn't working. It's finally time to get a new switch. I know a bunch have come out in recent years, so what are the good ones? I'd rather not spend a ton on this, especially if I wind up needing more than one. Other factors:I have a neutral wireI'd greatly prefer for the switch to have the setup code on it, like the little tab iDevices uses, or for there to be NFC setup. I hate having to keep a manual or paper card around just for a setup code.The on/off should be two buttons, not a single one, so there's no question which one you pressed.Thread is nice, but not required. I find wifi plenty fast enough. I also have enough Thread devices that I don't need another one to act as a border router.It has to fit in the space of a standard paddle switch, though all the smart switches I've run across so far have done that, so that shouldn't be a problem.White is preferred.Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.