Sunday, February 12, 2023

New to home server: probably nuking it


full image - Repost: New to home server: probably nuking it (from Reddit.com, New to home server: probably nuking it)
Relatively new to IT and home servers looking for advice. I am considering building or buying a pre-made but there are so many articles and I am still mid research so I am looking for some advice,pointers, and/or suggestions.Current home network consists of 3(soon to be 4) desktops, couple of laptops/chromebooks and several wireless devices (phones/tablets/gaming items) and hardline game consoles.I have several external hard drives ranging from 1 to 5 TB with a total around 15TB of data at current and about 5TB of data stored on internal drives.I am looking for a way to localize a majority of the data that can be accessed via computers (wired/wirless). Also for the media to be accessed on 2 or 3 TVs. The media is usually movies or anime with subs and I am tired of trying to find the correct files that will play from a hard drive without issues(video/audio/subs not supported).I would also like to be able to connect to it remotely when I travel for work so I don't have to keep transferring files to and from hard drives and physically carrying them with me.I would also like to be able to setup labs to tinker and learn in about IT and comouter stuff in general without risk to anything else.I would also like some redundancy on some of the data (family pictures, work documents and things of that nature, but not on a majority of the data.I am proficient at building home computers/gaming computers but that doesn't really correspond to any of the above and I have a fair amount of background in amateur IT stuff.Sorry for the long read and scatterbrain information, just trying to be thorough in what I am attempting and researching to do. Budget wise I do not have a set number but I would like to keep it under $2k. I would prefer not to hire someone if it is something I am capable of doing myself. And by no means am I trying to undermine professions as I am a tradesmen myself, I just prefer to do things myself and for the hands on/learning exp. Thanks in advance, I look forward to the responses but don't eat me alive.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.