Monday, May 22, 2023

Dell all-in-one touchscreen help and someone with mad Windows skillz


full image - Repost: Dell all-in-one touchscreen help and someone with mad Windows skillz (from Reddit.com, Dell all-in-one touchscreen help and someone with mad Windows skillz)
Dell Inspiron 3455 running Windows 10 Pro, build 19045.2604. This is in a museum and is part of an interactive exhibit. Problem is, Windows keeps popping up notifications and from there, our guests can pretty much tap the screen and access everything. I have turned off notifications, or so I thought. I have the taskbar set to automatically hide, but it will still pop up if someone touches the screen just right. I have disabled all network adapters, so its not online at all. I just can't figure out how to make these things turn off for good. Used to be a registry hack would do these things, but that was back in the olden days.I need the guests to be able to tap the screen for the interactive. (Don't laugh,) It's a Flash program but it works and its all I have for the exhibit. It's janky but I can't get rid of it.I just don't want our more adventurous guests to be exploring all other aspects of the computer. The other day they'd made a dozen shortcuts to the empty download folder. It's just a matter of time before someone does something more damaging.For an added layer of difficulty, this is housed inside a metal frame that seems to interfere with the touchscreen. I have applied double layer of fuzzy Velcro dots to the frame to try and 'keep them separated' as The Offspring would say.Alternatively, the major objective is to only have the flash program run, and for all other aspects of the computer to be locked down. Maybe there's another approach I should be trying? Something similar to kiosk mode in Chrome? I'm frustrated and stuck enough to admit my skills are old and weak and better suited for an "MS-DOS c: prompt customization" world. Yes, I camped out for Windows 95 and paid for Netscape Navigator.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.