Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Help connecting Matter blinds to HA via VLANs


full image - Repost: Help connecting Matter blinds to HA via VLANs (from Reddit.com, Help connecting Matter blinds to HA via VLANs)
Has anyone had any luck connecting Matter (WiFi) devices to HomeAssistant, where the Matter device and HA instance are on different VLANs? I've got one of the Zemismart Matter blinds, and have successfully managed to connect it to HA when they're both on the same VLAN, but it keeps failing to connect when on a different VLAN ("Unable to Pair // Home couldn't connect to this accessory"). I've no idea how to even start debugging it, as iOS abstracts over any helpful error message in the Matter configuration UI (resulting in the generic one above), and I can't see any relevant error messages in the Matter add-on or component logs (debug logs are enabled). mDNS reflection is also enabled on my OPNsense router between the two VLANs, and obviously HA is accessible from both. I can see from the DHCP server that the blinds do get as far as obtaining an IP address on the desired VLAN, but no further, unfortunately.Disclaimer: I'm aware that the Matter integration is still in Beta, and they explicitly advise to keep as flat a network structure as possible - I'm just curious if anyone has managed to get Matter working with VLANs at all, and if so, how!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.