Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Very strange DNS/DHCP issue I haven't been able to figure out.


full image - Repost: Very strange DNS/DHCP issue I haven't been able to figure out. (from Reddit.com, Very strange DNS/DHCP issue I haven't been able to figure out.)
My Win10 computer was connected to a Google mesh node for the longest time, which was fine but limited my fiber speeds and slightly hit my ping. Eventually I got my fiber line relocated through the foundation and now run an ethernet cable directly from the router. Since making this switch (from mesh to router) my computer will stop making new connections up to a few times per hour. Existing connections are left active (streaming video, Teams audio, etc.) but my computer won't open new connections to anything.The only thing that fixes is it is to go into my router settings page and manually update the static DNS servers to anything different. Changing either/or makes it work again, usually I just keep 1.1.1.1 as my primary and switch from 8.8.8.8 to 9.9.9.9 and back on secondary.Here's a video of it happening and how I fix itNothing else on my network is affected, and when booted from a Linux flash drive on this computer the internet works fine as well. So I'm almost 100% certain this is a local Windows issue, not anything else in the network. I've reinstalled every ethernet/connectivity driver I can find, factory reset the router, etc. Issue stills shows up with auto DNS acquisition, it's just impossible to manually fix then.Gold to someone who manages to help me fix it short of reinstalling Windows. I'm close to just reinstalling at this point it's been months resetting this thing every hour or so.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.