
full image - Repost: Requesting Feedback on Idea: A Community + Software Specifically to Connect and Grow Working Entrepreneurs (from Reddit.com, Requesting Feedback on Idea: A Community + Software Specifically to Connect and Grow Working Entrepreneurs)
Mining:
Exchanges:
Donations:
I am considering working on a paid community for entrepreneurs. TLDR at the bottom.Problem I Want to Solve:Many entrepreneurs want to meet, connect, and develop relationships with other entrepreneurs (for ex., this guy who posted about it just last week). However, it's hard for entrepreneurs in many cities to meet and connect with other entrepreneurs. Subreddits like this one exist, but if you've used this sub long enough, you notice:Many people here aren't entrepreneursMany actual entrepreneurs don't want to talk about their business on a public, open forum like RedditThere are entrepreneur organization's currently, but they almost universally cater to the entrepreneur that is already doing quite well. EO, YPO, Vistage, Young Entrepreneur's Council, Tiger 21 and even the new one, Hampton, all cater to the entrepreneur that is doing $1 million or more in revenue. That's nice for them, but this kind of excludes a lot of people. There's a whole range of entrepreneurs that are making anywhere from ramen / pay the bills profitability to $100K, $500K, and close to $1M.Living in Columbus, OH, I really don't run into that many entrepreneurs, especially entrepreneurs around my age (under 30). They're pretty few and far between here. Pretty much all of the business and networking events here are focused on getting hired and/or working for an established company.Of the entrepreneurs that I do know personally, many of us gripe about how we have a hard time meeting other driven entrepreneurs who can related to the struggles we face. Of course somewhere like San Fran, NYC, Miami, and (I've heard) Dallas + Austin, you run into a lot of entrepreneurs. It'd be cool if there were a better way to replicate that by now, but currently it just consists of forums, subreddits, and an archipelago of Discords and Slack channels. They can work, but I don't they're optimal. I think many people are often disappointed by this sub due to the lack of experienced, working entrepreneurs.Benefits to Potential Audience:Entrepreneurs can develop relationships with other entrepreneurs. This will enable them to more easily share their struggles, learnings, and lessons with other entrepreneurs. This benefits all members of the community.The community would use systems to help push the entrepreneurs to achieve their goals. You've probably heard the phrase "You're the average of the 5 people you spend the most time around.", and there are others like "Iron sharpens iron." and what not. Through things like regular meetings (which give you social pressure), and applied psychology, and applied gamification principles (for example), I think I could create a very strong system that helps propel entrepreneurs to achieve their business goalsOn the previous bullet, that's where the software I mentioned in the title comes into the play. That is also where the additional value comes into the play and why I would charge money to members. The software would likely come in the form of an app + website where users can connect and also log relevant data to help hold themselves accountable. I studied neuroscience and psychology in college, so I use a lot of principles in those fields both in my work and also to help keep myself productive and motivated. A lot of it does come down to understanding how the brain works, gamifying productivity and using software systems I made for myself to help me get stuff done. What I'd basically do is build those software systems into the app + website. Some of the data users log may also be public, which means they'll have some social pressure to perform so that they don't look bad in front of other users / members of their peer groupFinal note on charging money: Charging money also provides an additional, second-order benefit. With random / free forums, it means anyone can join. Charging a certain (and fair) dollar value would automatically exclude a lot of people who aren't serious entrepreneurs or people who may just want to larp/troll/collect data. Additionally, there is a second-order psychological benefit, wherein people who pay will be more likely to take their role in the organization more seriously, and the fact that they paid would likely also push them to continue to take their roles as entrepreneurs seriously.TLDR: A paid community for entrepreneurs. It wouldn't be just a random forum or Discord server. Instead, there would be tailored programs and systems built into it through software that help push the members to connect, grow, and succeed. What do you think?
Social Media Icons