Friday, November 17, 2023

Speaker set up in living room - Aesthetics vs Acoustics?


full image - Repost: Speaker set up in living room - Aesthetics vs Acoustics? (from Reddit.com, Speaker set up in living room - Aesthetics vs Acoustics?)
I am a noob when it comes to home theater speakers, TV's, projectors, etc. I looked around a little but didn't really find my question answered anywhere. If I missed it somehow, just say "Looky here, dumbass," post the link, and accept my apologies for having wasted your valuable time.A few years ago I bought a house that has an open concept living room (i.e. its open to the Kitchen behind it and the entry way, staircase beside it as well like pretty much all standard houses built in the last 15 years or so). The living room itself is about 15'5" wide and 14'7" long with another 13'1" behind it where the kitchen is. It's 9'10" tall. There is one wall of windows at one side. When we bought it, the previous (and original) owner had the builder put in speakers in the ceiling. Three close to the wall where the TV is located and two about 11' into the room, roughly where the sofa to view the TV is located. When we moved in a little over 5 years ago, I just bought a Yamaha TSR-7850 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver and a Samsung 75" 4K UHD QLED LCD TV, connected the existing speakers to the TV and receiver. It worked and I haven't changed anything since then.Recently I have been thinking that I may want to upgrade my family's movie viewing experience. I realized I don't know how. Maybe a nicer/bigger TV. I could possibly fit an 85" without it looking too crowded, but I don't know if bigger is better. I have been thinking about a "The Frame" TV since I like that you can somewhat conceal it with artwork when you are not watching TV. 75" and 85" black frames really do catch ones eye. I realize that you can probably make other smart TV's display artwork in a similar manner, but I like that its user friendly and specifically designed for this. Thoughts around TV's, etc.? Does it matter nowadays?Now on to the second problem. Acoustics. I have no idea if the speakers in the ceiling are good or not. I would assume since the builder put them in, they are of barely acceptable quality. I haven't tried removing them out of fear that I will not be able to put them back. Should I expect them to be easily removed and put back in without destroying anything or is that more of a case by case basis and there isn't a standard answer?Now to the audio setup? Is the receiver ok for a decent (i.e. not audiophile) home theater experience? Outdated? Do I need anything else except a receiver (I don't think so, but since I am a noob I thought I'd ask)? I don't want a setup that is visually dominated by some super duper huge speakers. I don't have the space and it doesn't appeal to me. Unless, you tell me in ceiling speakers are total junk, I would prefer to keep them and maybe complement them with a few bookcase speakers, a sound bar, a subwoofer under the sofa, or something along those lines. So, on to some more questions. Should I replace the in ceiling speakers with better ones (assuming they are of questionable quality) and which ones should I look for? Also, wiring, I think the in wall wires are also on the cheaper side. Is it worth it to replace them with higher quality copper cables? And beyond the ceiling speakers, what should I add at a minimum, or if I want to splurge a little to get a better audio experience?Budget wise I would like to stay bellow $6K including new TV (which I am guessing will be around $3k - so about another $3K for the audio stuff). If you tell me I will only get a much better experience if I am willing to shell out at least $5K or $6K for the audio, I could possibly do that, but would prefer it to be less rather than more in terms of $'s. Or, you can tell me, not worth it. You probably won't notice much of a difference with those $'s. Get a different TV if you like, but unless you plan to spend at least $10K (or whatever) on audio, there isn't to much of a difference.Much appreciated and please don't murder me. ​


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.