Friday, June 7, 2024

C5500XK updates broke Internet radios; how to restore functionality?


full image - Repost: C5500XK updates broke Internet radios; how to restore functionality? (from Reddit.com, C5500XK updates broke Internet radios; how to restore functionality?)
I'm basically at my wit's end on this whole issue, and I have no idea where to go from here, so I figured I'd make my first Reddit post today to see if anyone knows what can be done to fix this issue. The timeline goes like this; overnight from May 24 to May 25, the Como Audio Internet Radio that I listen to for sleeping background music went silent - if said that there was a network error, and it kept trying to connect and then failing with that error message. I took a look at it in the morning, and found that other devices were also having issues (my 2 Fire Sticks), yet my work laptop and other devices were still working just fine on the same network. I should point out that this setup has been basically flawless since I had it installed back in October of 2022; I did not opt for the wifi pods, instead choosing to connect a TP-Link wireless router in one port, and my work laptop in the other, and it all just worked perfectly until that day... anyway, I tested the radios and the Fire Sticks via my phone hotspot, and those all worked, so I know it wasn't those devices that were somehow failing; after a very testy exchange with a Quantum chat person, who kept insisting that it was my wireless router at fault (which it clearly wasn't, as I had totally eliminated it from the network, and I had in fact connected directly to one of the radios via Ethernet right to the SmartNID, with the same "network timeout" error), they begrudgingly set up a tech to arrive that Tuesday. The tech immediately replaced the SmartNID, and once it was fully synced to the network, that radio on Ethernet suddenly played a station on wifi, perfectly normally again! Sweet! Until that box was sent the first of two firmware or other policy updates, which caused it to reboot - and it then worked again, until the second and final update hit... at that point, nothing worked again on the Internet Radios at all, via Ethernet or wifi. So what I'm trying to understand is what did they push out that caused this to happen, and how can I undo that push so my devices work the way they always did previously? I explicitly asked them if they had blocked this IP or service intentionally, and they insisted that they don't, but I'm not sure how much I believe them. Oh, I should also point out that I made absolutely zero changes to the settings in either the old NID or the new NID, so the fact that this happened is totally out of the blue. The last part that's interesting to me is that I took one of those radios to my neighbor's house, also on Quantum Fiber, and it connected to their network and played stations online just like it used to do on my own network previously. None of it makes any sense to me, and they keep telling me they didn't update anything, which I have proven is totally false, so I just want the service working the way it always did. If anyone has any tips or ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks for reading this ridiculously long screed.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.