Tuesday, June 11, 2024

CoxWifi hotspot headache.


full image - Repost: CoxWifi hotspot headache. (from Reddit.com, CoxWifi hotspot headache.)
Hi there.Right now, I'm in a rough spot financially, and unfortunately, Cox decided to be not cool, and long story short, I owe them money. Connections off bla bla. I have no money to pay them. Neat.My friend was kind enough to give me his account name and password so I can use the CoxWifi network. It's been fine for a month now, but this morning, when I woke up it decides: I'm not gonna work :)!Thought it was an outage. whatever. try to check, can't find anything.If I reset the connection, SOMETIMES it would let me in, be good for 2-3 minutes, slow down, and then *poof* Connected, but no internet. Funny thing is, I think it's the hotspot itself, as I was able to use the one at a nearby restaurant earlier today where my friend and I met up. It didn't kick me off. So why this one?I know it pulls the wifi from the other cox routers around me that don't opt out. Heck, I've had mine plugged in still so it can broadcast it. But the plug it was in doesn't work anymore, apparently, so I plugged it in in a different plug. Still nothing. I tried keeping it unplugged. Same thing.Which leaves me wondering: It's only this CoxWifi in this neighbor hood.It's not my pc, considering i can log into any other network (phone hotspot, OTHER coxwifi hotspot downtown)... Like, I don't think cox would ban my pc or anything considering the fact I was using it downtown...?Any troubleshooting tips apprecaited. the only thing i think would be an issue is when I diagnose the wifi connection when connected to cox wifi, it says: "wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration" - and i followed all the steps here, so... I dont know.Also, apologies, I don't know if this is just "general" question or "internet" for flair.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.