Sunday, August 21, 2022

(request for feedback) - Preview of an FSF (Familiar Shar Pei Fever) information site - comments welcome - https://ift.tt/RWvx6lU


full image - Repost: (request for feedback) - Preview of an FSF (Familiar Shar Pei Fever) information site - comments welcome - https://ift.tt/RWvx6lU (from Reddit.com, (request for feedback) - Preview of an FSF (Familiar Shar Pei Fever) information site - comments welcome - https://ift.tt/RWvx6lU)
Hi, I'm the person who lost their "Pei" a week ago to FSF, a week-long CKD, then kidney failure. I promised to build a Foundation to raise awareness, but before that, I felt it was more important to put out information in a way that was simple, accessible and in plain English. It's time to fight back against this disorder! And as a community, we are not powerless.It's all based on google docs - so anyone can contribute by writing up something in gDoc and sending it across to me as a link to a public google doc via Reddit DM (to prevent trolls and hacking attempts).No complicated Arvix PDF, no BS, no false hope, no dooming either, just real info from a previous owner with, hopefully, the help of the community over time, will grow into something meaningful.Again, because it's all auto-generated from google docs, we can pass it around for translation as the Pei-owning population is not always English-speaking.The site is currently sitting in alpha at: https://ift.tt/ywQuKUt built it in 48h flat, most of that being writing/rewriting content, so, please forgive mistakes and the 'bare' look. I tried to keep it factual, and I placed very clear warnings in bold and RED before giving out data that could worry anxious owners or traumatize people. Yes, some of it is (verbally) graphic, but I wish I had known these things before settling for a 'lesser vet' and not organizing for urgent night transport to the hospital.The short-term goal: we, the community, establish a network of good vets, by simply reporting our experiences. I'll plug the data in a google-map plugin and insert it under the 'vet recommendation' page. We add testimonies and we spread the word any way we can (Twitter, flyers at the vet, you get the idea).The long-term goal: to build a knowledge base around the site, to help limit the time Shar Pei expert vets spend explaining the basics to people like myself. It will allow them to spend more time in the lab to combat what ultimately could be beaten with a CRISPR-type treatment but first, selective breeding based on basic, affordable screening tests (not yet available, but I've read research pointing out that some teams are actively working at it).Offload the basics to the community, and leave the pros in the lab, basically.I didn't include a forum or anything of the sort as this subreddit is perfectly sufficient and I don't like when information is spread to all four winds.This is as fresh as it comes: so if you notice DNS errors, typos, errors, exaggerations (I'm still emotional from his passing), or mistakes, please mail me at [info@sharpeifsf.com](mailto:info@sharpeifsf.com). Also, if you'd like to tell your story, I'm going to find a way to use the framework I'm using to create subpages so we can have little memorials for everyone who lost a friend to this disorder.Everyone here has been so kind to me since I lost "Pillow". Thank you so much for your feedback, help and kind words. You've all been absolutely amazing and my family was in tears when they saw your replies for the first time (they don't use Reddit).Thank you!!! 🐾❤️


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.