Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Sorcerer, build and some tips and tricks I have found along the way.


full image - Repost: Sorcerer, build and some tips and tricks I have found along the way. (from Reddit.com, Sorcerer, build and some tips and tricks I have found along the way.)
I thought I would share what I've done and some of my experience playing a sorcerer build.First off, the build.I maxed out my Agility, Vitality and Authority.Why Agi and not Str you ask? Honestly its just personal choice. I wanted a quick footed dagger and bow build rather than a strength based. I don’t see any reason why this couldn’t also be done with a Str build just as easily.Next Vitality. I maxed out Vit and took Glutton for punishment as the last perk. I then Corrupted all the way to the 3rd level. The reason for this is that now each perk gives me survivability. Perk 1 gives me a passive regen, Perk 2 gives me a chance at deflection, and perk 3 makes me immune to a lot of the status effects that mobs and players can throw on you. Lastly the un-corrupted Glutton for punishment help keep me at max health.But wait! You say, all that corruption means you have half health to begin with, so your health and stamina are still lower even if you have regen and some damage mitigation.Not quite true! Let me explain.I also maxed out Authority, taking the war party perk at the end and then corrupting Authority to level 3 as well. Perk 1 gives my followers a bit of extra damage. But where it gets interesting is Perk 2. Perk 2 gives me a 50% damage mitigation as long as I have a thrall with me. So, while I only have 360 hit points as I am fully 50% corrupted, that 50% mitigation means that in reality I’m working with 720hp as long as I have a thrall with me. And then I also corrupted perk 3 which heals me whenever my thralls do damage.So, let’s sum this up…Passive heath regenDeflectionStatus effect immunityHealth regen for 15 second as long as I am undamaged50% damage mitigationActive heal while thralls are in combat.Health is not a problem. Stamina on the other hand can still be a bit of an issue. But there are other factors/buffs that can mitigate that as well. I have good DPS, and I really only bring my thralls into things when I am fighting world bosses or storming large camps of NPC’s.As for gear I am rocking the full summoned garb 1000 armor value, 66% damage reduction. I have the summoned bow with a pair of daggers for up-close work. They have solid stats and are designed for a full Sorcerer build. You just got to feed the bow and armor.Next thralls, you want zombies and with the war party perk you can have 4 of the damn things following you around with 10k or more hit points each if you get good rolls on the stats. According to Wak on Youtube your best bet for them is the Cimmerian berserker, or the relic hunters. I personally have 4 of the relic hunter’s, each with a little over 9k hit points.Feeding your thralls will heal them between fights. The easiest food to get for them, and as it turns out the second-best food they will eat, is simple raw brimstone. This is now a cake walk to get in mass amounts because your status effect immunity perk keeps you from taking any damage from the poison gas when you go to shattered springs to mine it. A stack of 500 will keep a Thrall alive and health for quite awhile.Which brings me to some game play items.You are a sorcerer, you have a different play style than all the silly warriors with their sharp sticks.Weapons. Feeding your armor and weapons if you have the summoned armor and weapons. The weapons are simple. Kill stuff, you must get the finishing hit to kill a mob, the relative power of the mobs you kill give you a boost to your timer. The lowest level stuff seems to give a boost between 30 seconds and a minute while field bosses give 10 to 15 minutes. The only time this becomes an issue is when you are in a heavy gathering/building mode rather then PVE or PVP. I find that I need to break off for 10 minutes or so ever hour and go kill stuff to fill my bars up. Most other times, even when I’m just out in the world gathering, the trash mobs you come across are enough to keep you going.The armor is more of an issue. For some reason the level of the mob doesn’t seem to effect the amount of extra time you get on the armor timer. It seems be more about the number of mobs you kill rather than the relative power of the mob. It’s still not too difficult but it means killing lots of stuff rather than just a few high level mobs.Farming stuff and carrying stuff. You are a magic user not some silly warrior with a pick and hatchet. You can clear vast areas of resources using your farming spell very quickly. Once you have the materials your will be very overweight because you cant carry shit. So don’t carry it all yourself, you have 4 zombie thralls with 8 slots each that can carry vast quantities of materials.Travel, why are you walking, running, climbing, or riding on that smelly horse? You are a Magic user, use your damn wand. Travel from one end of the map to another is a walk in the park as a sorcerer. If you need to travel a significant distance to a place where you go regularly, set yourself up a portal. I have 6 of them currently on my map with plans to set up 3 or 4 more. Between my portals and my map room there isn’t anywhere I can’t go on the map in less than 5 minutes. It takes time to set a portal network up, but its worth the effort. You also have access to your bat flying spell. You can use this to travel medium distances or simply up the side of a mountain if you don’t feel like climbing it or running around.  Combat, It’s not about the level of the mob anymore. Its all about how many hit points it has and how long it will take to kill. Nearly everything up to and including field bosses you should be able to simply destroy without even sending in your thralls. The exceptions to this are things like mammoths that have sick amounts of HP. World bosses are similar. The simpler ones with less HP you might even be able to take down on your own, the ones that are more tanky like the brood mother for instance will require your thralls, and you can either join in up close and personal, or sit back with your bow and just DPS.PVP. I will update this in the future as I get more experience with it. Unfortunately, the only PVP fight I have had with this so far was when I was still putting this build together. I was already able to dodge around the guy at will and got in some good hits, but he did eventually kill me as I didn’t have any thralls at the time.Lastly let’s talk about the sacrifice mechanic and sacrificial blood. Its stupid, its time consuming, but eventually you end up not needing to do it very often. You use a lot of blood leveling up, and building the port gates. But once you are leveled you only need more blood if you are summoning a mount/demon or need to replace your armor for some reason. You also need it to cast your highest level spells which I personally haven't found the need for. At high level my guess is that depending on how heavily you use the high level magic, you are going to need between 2 and 4 blood per play session. Getting this takes maybe 10 minutes if you set your alter outside of a good NPC camp that you can pull from. When I am farming blood I would say I average about 20 or per 30 minutes.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.