Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Trying to setup Verizon 5g router with opnSense box and Eero Pro 6 WiFi AP.


full image - Repost: Trying to setup Verizon 5g router with opnSense box and Eero Pro 6 WiFi AP. (from Reddit.com, Trying to setup Verizon 5g router with opnSense box and Eero Pro 6 WiFi AP.)
Currently, I have 2 pieces of gear in use and working.Verizon 5g router -> Eero Pro 6The Verizon router is mostly stock setup with it's own wifi disabled, and using DMZ and selecting the eero router. The Eero router then handles all the wifi in the house.What I want to add, is an opnsense box. I have a small nuc appliance with 4x 2.5gb ports. This is what I want to add int othe mix.I have been able to connect the nuc to the Verizon router and got it working, where DMZ is not setup and using IP passthrough, connecting the vzw port2 to the opnSense box's port0, and my laptop plugged into port1.What I can't get to work, is all 3 together. In order to get all the traffic going to the opnsense router it seems i have to use IP passthrough and have the nuc connected to port 2 of the vzw box. So i tried plugging the Eero in bridge mode into opnsense port 3. But nothing is ever able to connect to wifi. So my network map would look like thisVerizon 5g Router [port 2] -> [port 0] pfSense [port 3/lan 3] -> Eero Pro 6 (port doesn't seem to matter).I know using a managed switch is best but I can't afford that yet. I am sure I am configuring port3 in opnsense wrong. i have DHCP4 configured on LAN1 and i get an ip when my laptop is plugged in. Ideally, i would like to subnet my devices like soNetworkIPMaskVlanLAN10.0.0.0/24255.255.255.1vlan0.0Guest10.10.0.0/24255.255.255.1vlan0.10Smart Home Devices10.20.0.0/24255.255.255.1vlan0.20Cameras/Ring/Security10.30.0.0/24255.255.255.1vlan0.30On the Nuc device, I want to have the ports setup as this​PortUse0WAN1LAN 1 (laptop)2LAN 2 (NAS)3WiFI (Eero)I am still not sure on the vlans yet. But I think that is how I want them separated and having both of the LAN1 and LAN2 on vlan0.0What I need to know is how to properly configure the interfaces. Do I need to setup a bridge in opnsense to get the wifi working? should I have the eero in between the Verizon box and opnsense? I tried that but wasn't able to connect to anything. I probably did it wrong. do i keep the 5g Verizon router in ip passthrough mode?When I put the eero in bridge mode, do I change the ISP Settings -> WAN type from DHCP to Static IP?Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.