Wednesday, October 11, 2023

"Restart to keep using Firefox" - what makes this happen and how can I configure it?


full image - Repost: "Restart to keep using Firefox" - what makes this happen and how can I configure it? (from Reddit.com, "Restart to keep using Firefox" - what makes this happen and how can I configure it?)
Firefox updates behave very differently on my Mac and my Linux laptop, and I'm uncertain if this is a platform difference or something I've misconfigured.On my Mac, every time Firefox gets an update, a little green dot appears in the hamburger menu, prompting me to restart the browser and apply updates, which I reliably do at the end of the day.On my Ubuntu laptop (using the Mozilla official PPA, not the Ubuntu Snap package), every time Firefox gets an update, it silently halts all network traffic, causing some websites to break in very confusing ways, then waits for me to attempt to load a new website or search before displaying "Restart to keep using Firefox" with no option to postpone.I find this second behavior *very* disruptive, as its essentially guaranteed to interrupt my workflow, and of course deletes whatever search I just attempted to do.Is there a way I can get the Mac-like update behavior for Linux?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.