Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Media on seperate NAS


full image - Repost: Media on seperate NAS (from Reddit.com, Media on seperate NAS)
Hey,I know there are many posts about this, but I'm interested more in the technical side.If I use a NAS for my media and keep using jellyfin on my Windows server, when a client requests playback, does all the stream have to pass through the server to reach the client or does it work on a hand-off basis whereby after the initial handshake the client streams straight from the NAS.Clearly with a server transcode the stream has to hit the server first anyway.I have a gigabit network but seems a very inefficient way to do it.Thanks


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.