Saturday, February 4, 2023

Risk of malware spreading over network when using a Linux VM to browse the internet.


full image - Repost: Risk of malware spreading over network when using a Linux VM to browse the internet. (from Reddit.com, Risk of malware spreading over network when using a Linux VM to browse the internet.)
Hey,I just set up LinuxLite as a VM in VirtualBox on my Windows pc, under network I picked NAT. I’m planning to use the VM to browse the internet using Chrome, without downloading or uploading anything.As far as I understand linux users are considerably safe against most types of malware because the malware can’t gain root access and is therefore unable to compromise the whole system, just local files or specific programs.But what about malware that spreads over the network, like worms for example?1) Could such malware compromise the browser and then spread over my network to non-Linux machines?2) considering I keep the system and software updated, how likely is that to happen?3) If the answer to my first question is yes, how can I protect myself against such threats?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.