Saturday, February 4, 2023

Should the this community college host the external DNS records or is there a better way?


full image - Repost: Should the this community college host the external DNS records or is there a better way? (from Reddit.com, Should the this community college host the external DNS records or is there a better way?)
So I'm still new to networking and haven't experienced too much with Public DNS records.but for information, the design is that there are 2 DNS servers setting between the Router and the Firewall. The Router is in front so the structure is ISP - Router - DNS - Firewall - Internal Network.This external DNS keeps the Host and only Host A files that lets the internet know that website A is IP whatever for the college.I believe the DNS servers forward the traffic to Quad9 or something like that, not sure why, but if some one can assist to the reason, I'm sure its a verification method or something to proof that we are the actual college we are advertising or to tell other larger DNS providers know who we are if some one form another state tries to reach our website.So on to my question. Is there a better way? I would like to move our records off site to something like cloud flair. However I set up a meeting with them and they said the minimum they covered was for websites that hit 1 million hits per month. Obviously its a community college in a rural area so we get around 17,000 hits. Then they wanted $20,000 a year.Now I was trying to keep my cool, but choking inside, so I didn't get a chance to clarify, but I think they thought I wanted some of the premium features and such when really I just wanted to host A records so we had a cloud DNS and if that's just a free thing or if we have to pay a fee. I think it was confusion because the prices on the website did not match up to what they were telling me.Can any one clarify if Cloud Flair is free to host records and all I have to do is just verify that we are who we say we are?or really any better solution to external DNS hosting or is it fine the way we have it set up?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.