Monday, March 13, 2023

how can I change my advisor's opinion of me?


full image - Repost: how can I change my advisor's opinion of me? (from Reddit.com, how can I change my advisor's opinion of me?)
I think my advisor doesn't believe in me anymore and I don't blame him. I was a terrible grad student for a good segment of time, unproductive and dealing with serious untreated.mental health issues. I have gotten a handle on these issue, but I feel like I'm playing a game of catch up. I'm the worst grad student in my group and I know it It's extremely hard to deal with and it makes a field that should be enjoyable to something extremely stressful.So, since I'm playing a game of catch up I feel like my advisor has given up on me. He seems annoyed when I talk to him, gives me no direction at all, and I'm floundering. I don't know how to improve because he gives me no advice on how to improve, he just gets annoyed. I had a conversation with him that I know he is disappointed and that I'm really trying my best and that I care immensely. I am playing a game of catch up, but I really am passionate about what I do. I also mentioned I felt I was the worst grad student in his group and I felt my PhD was a disaster.due to.my.mental health issues. He knows I would like to do a postdoc, but he kindly guiding me away from that by asking me what.my career goals are, where do I want to be in five years, etc. And when I told him I wanted to stay in academia , he keeps asking the question in our next meeting.I know I was a crappy.PhD student for a long time, but I'm really trying now and I care so much about my research I've been working 60-70 hours a week for a good period of time, I'm searching for conferences, networking, asking for.paper revisions, etc. It's hard because my advisor gives me no guidance on this at all. It is basically sink-or-swim which is fine, but I just feel so far behind where I'm supposed to be. I think my advisor has given up on me and I'm thinking of quitting my PhD. I don't want to work when my advisor doesn't have faith in my abilities. Then the entire thing is just.masochismn and who cares what the piece of paper says when no one who worked with you can recommend you.I want to ask my advisor at my next meeting what I can do.for him to change his opinion on my ability. I really would like to stay in academia and I know it is hyper competitive, but I just want faith that the person I've been working for believes in me. What can I do to change his opinion of me because I really feel like throwing in the towel?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.