Sunday, September 3, 2023

My career is an absolute mess and I have no idea what to do anymore.


full image - Repost: My career is an absolute mess and I have no idea what to do anymore. (from Reddit.com, My career is an absolute mess and I have no idea what to do anymore.)
Hi guys. This might be long but I'm about to turn 28 and ever since I graduated college in 2019, my life has been in a consistent downward spiral. I have an Economics degree and all of my jobs since then have been bottom of the barrel, low-paying jobs like call centers, data processing and claims. I graduated when I was just shy of turning 24 and I've been at home ever since, as I simply haven't managed to get a solid career going of any sort.Job hunting has been horrendous these past few years. I originally wanted to break into analytics, but I never got internships during college and had two seasonal retail jobs on my resume (which is at least something, I guess. I worked both of those jobs 3+ years each). Didn't take me long to realize that I was in a bad spot and eventually succumbed into "desperation mode."After college I couldn't find a "career" job of any sort for nearly a year. I eventually had to settle for any "office job" (which was the data processing role at a background check/HR firm) work there for a while and then attempt to leverage that. Worked there for 3 years, thinking it would help me land a better role. But it never did. The job is very niche and doesn't translate well over to other jobs. I then worked in the claims department at a bank, which was horrendously stressful and quit after 6 months.I've been unemployed now since early June and I feel absolutely and utterly hopeless at this point. I have revised my resume countless times (to the point of becoming neurotic about it), I've gone to career fairs, consulted my college career center, network, attempted to upskill, yet it just seems like nothing works. Really though, I've simply come to the conclusion that my resume is ass.I do get interviews every now and again, but I'm either ghosted or rejected. I've been told I interview well, the problem is that data processing job was extremely mundane and barebones. And none of my skills are in demand at all. I received an offer last Thursday. It's for yet another call center position that pays 17.00 hour. Granted, it's in the monitoring department but the pay seems comically low and I'm not sure what this job is going to do for my resume, if I'm being honest. I talked to my parents about it and they feel I could do much better and that the pay is "horrible" which I agree with. I'm tempted to back out and keep searching, but I need money coming in.I want to break into underwriting as the work seems interesting. But all of the jobs I run across are heavy-duty and require 3-5 years of related experience, which I do not have at all. I've also been looking at government jobs, but they took a ridiculous amount of time to respond to applications (if at all), and as it stands I do not have ample time right now.I just feel completely rundown and hopeless on any given day. I know these types of questions get posted here frequently but I feel I'm basically all out of options.​


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.