Thursday, December 7, 2023

Cant figure out why Windows 11 has more network latency than my mac/other Apple devices


full image - Repost: Cant figure out why Windows 11 has more network latency than my mac/other Apple devices (from Reddit.com, Cant figure out why Windows 11 has more network latency than my mac/other Apple devices)
Hi all,I've been scratching my head with this one for a while. My Windows PC has abnormal ping/latency when compared to other devices on my network. I've been using Azure Latency tester and for the life of me cannot figure out why Windows is introducing so much more latency than my Mac and iPhone.Keep in mind, I've already done everything possible on Windows to optimize (bios/driver updates, advanced network settings, etc.) and used the default settings.My network setup currently looks like this:Fiber Connection -> C5500ck SmartNID (Bridge Mode) -> Amplifi Alien Router -> Amplifi HD Mesh Node (via 5GHz backhaul) -> Macbook and Windows PC (via ethernet). In order to normalize the ethernet interface for testing, I'm using a Dell USB 3 Docking Station with ethernet from the Amplifi HD Mesh point to the client computer.Given these conditions, you would expect ping for any device connected to the Dell Docking station to be relatively similar, but that ends up not being the case. Here are the results:(PC) Windows 11 ProWindows 11 connected via Dell DockMacbook Pro (M1 Max)Macbook Pro connected via Dell DockDoes anybody have any clue what I can do to either diagnose or fix this issue? Everything up the network stack seems completely fine (no special treatment of my mac/other devices). I don't have any other PC's to test against, but my work Macbook and iPhone both yield similar results over Wifi as my Macbook Pro.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.