Thursday, December 7, 2023

Home Network/storage - setup advice


full image - Repost: Home Network/storage - setup advice (from Reddit.com, Home Network/storage - setup advice)
Ok so I’m now in charge of some weekly video editing which I will do hybrid from home/the office/coffee shops.So far I already have:- 2018 Mac mini 16gb/256- 8tb Seagate- 500gb T5- GH5 (most likely some 4k60 and some 10bit mixed in) with many sd cards My plan would be: - Mac mini as a home file server I think and no editing (only if it’s beneficial to use else I’ll just sell)- new MacBook Pro to edit from- have a workflow I can use home, work or cafe ideally with access to both proxies and originals- have faster transfer speeds when home and at least access to all old footage when on the go in case I need to steal b roll clips for current projectsQuestions are:- Recommendations on how to set this up?- what’s the best storage / back up practices? Example: Render Cache drive #1, originals drive #2 etc- what kind of drives? Get another ssd? Connect which drives to which computer? - can iCloud be involved in any part of the data management? - if I keep Mac mini as a home server, how should I set it up? Can I use to generate proxies via a shared folder on network? Remote render? Is it even worth it knowing the new MacBook will be leaps better? - do I Ethernet my MacBook into network? I’ll have wifi 6e when this all goes down. Thank you so much for any advice!Just want to make sure I’m buying and setting up my stuff correctly šŸ‘Œ


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.