Sunday, December 31, 2023

[Current Law Student] Thoughts on UCR launching its own law school?


full image - Repost: [Current Law Student] Thoughts on UCR launching its own law school? (from Reddit.com, [Current Law Student] Thoughts on UCR launching its own law school?)
I haven't researched idea all that much. I'm sure there's a lot of considerations and I'm even more sure that I'm not the first person to have this thought.The reason I think UCR may want to start a law school is that it would be the first "big place" (to my knowledge) with a JD program in Inland Empire.When I say UCR is a "big place," I mean it already has tons of funding. It already has tons of pre-law students. It already attracts well-established faculty who want to teach there. UCR probably has more attorneys in its alumni network than some law schools do, even though UCR does not have a law school.I don't want to throw shade at anyone, but some of the law schools in that region are a little--- let me put it this way. One place is not accredited by the ABA. Another has struggled to keep its accreditation. That doesn't mean they're bad schools. I don't know enough to discourage anyone from going there. But UCR has the resources that I think it could create a program without the same issues.People take superficial shots at UCR all the time over the arbitrary rankings on US News, but no one would say "UCR is just a tiny for-profit school that probably won't stay accredited." One google search, and you know that's not true.So I'm curious how other people would feel about this.If I go back for an LLM in the future and read about law programs in the Inland Empire, I will be really happy if I find that I can apply to the UCR School of Law.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.