Sunday, December 31, 2023

Will I regret choosing APC instead of UPC for work area and patch panel terminations?


full image - Repost: Will I regret choosing APC instead of UPC for work area and patch panel terminations? (from Reddit.com, Will I regret choosing APC instead of UPC for work area and patch panel terminations?)
I'm running single mode fiber throughout my home.If you feel compelled to demand justification or question my motivations, please don't. Let's just say I'm more preoccupied with future-proof data networks than you and leave it at that. :)I'm leaning toward going with APC (angled physical contact) instead of UPC (ultra physical contact) duplex LC connectors at the faceplates and patch panels, but I'm also a relative noob when it comes to fiber. I am drawn to the higher return loss of APC, which would keep my options open for PON and other bidirectional technologies in the future.Responses to related questions on this topic have urged the use of UPC, but only for reasons that don't worry me, such as these:Most SFPs are UPC, so I will need patch cables with UPC on one end and APC on the other. (Hardly a big deal.)Damage may occur if someone mistakenly attempts to mate a UPC with an APC. (This is what the color coding is for, but in addition I can print warning labels and affix them nearby.)Are there any other concerns that I should consider?Some questions that come to my mind:How does the cleaning of APC connectors compare with that of UPC?What is the practical impact of having multiple APC connections on OTDR operation when troubleshooting?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.