Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Setup 3 different separated WiFi network on a single AT&T fiber gateway?


full image - Repost: Setup 3 different separated WiFi network on a single AT&T fiber gateway? (from Reddit.com, Setup 3 different separated WiFi network on a single AT&T fiber gateway?)
I have AT&T fiber with a BGW210 gateway, but its WiFi performance was so terrible that I connected a TP-Link Archer AX21 as my main WiFi router, and disabled the gateway's WiFi radios. However, I have tons of devices connected to that single WiFi router (wifi cameras, amazon echos, smart light bulbs, smart plugs, smart TVs, game consoles, laptops, desktops, printers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.) and lately I've been experiencing drops in connectivity, latency, and slow speeds, so I imagined that there were too many devices connected at once competing for the router's bandwidth.Then I decided to try to split the wifi access into 3 different wifi networks, one uniquely for the IoT devices, one for my kid's gaming desktop and consoles, and one for the rest of us, and I don't want the networks to talk to each other.For the IoT devices I bought a cheap TP-Link Archer A5, and for my kid's use I bought a Reyee AX3200 off Amazon, because a high-end gaming router is absolutely out of budget. However, upon my first tests I found out the Reyee's 5G wifi's speeds are slower than its own 2.4G speeds, so I'm thinking about returning it and getting something else.All 3 routers are plugged to the gateway's ethernet ports, one close to the other. I searched online and found that although I can configure the BGW210 to allow one external router to take over as the main WiFi provider, by changing some settings in its Firewall/IP Passthrough configurations, I'm limited to doing it for one WiFi router but not multiple.Please keep in mind that I don't have experience or deep knowledge of all this networking stuff, but I'm simply brave enough to play with those things and sometimes get myself in trouble. So I thought that maybe adding a managed switch (like the Netgear GS105Ev2), between the BGW210 and the 3 WiFi routers, could allow me achieve what I want, but I don't want to purchase more hardware if that's not the solution. I live in a 1500 sq.ft. two-story townhouse, the optic fiber's entry point is through the wall next to the front door, and that's where the gateway and all routers are. I cannot physically lay ethernet cables anywhere, so I'm limited to WiFi only.Can you please tell me if there are alternatives for what I'm trying to do, and if so then what are they? Or if on the contrary I'm just delusional and it simply can't be done?Thank you.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.