Saturday, January 13, 2024

Finished Season 3 in my Rewatch post reading the book.... Absolutely FUMBLED Marissa Cooper


full image - Repost: Finished Season 3 in my Rewatch post reading the book.... Absolutely FUMBLED Marissa Cooper (from Reddit.com, Finished Season 3 in my Rewatch post reading the book.... Absolutely FUMBLED Marissa Cooper)
So, I read the book, and started my second rewatch of the series. My last was 10 years ago. I was 13 when Season 1 started, mind you, so I was in middle school and high school during the airing of this series. This show morphed my entire teens. From the music on this show, to the characters.With that - I really did underestimate Season 2. After watching it now in my 30's, I really appreciated it, and thought it was actually up there with Season 1. I really liked Zach this time, and felt they should have kept him around longer. Even just as a friend with the group. Adding Taylor T. later on, and having him stay longer would have been able to sort of expand this group to a core 6, and offered more storylines in the future, but thats neither here nor there.The point I wanted to make was on my favorite character, Marissa, and how BAD they fumbled her character in season 3. Pitiful, actually. They gave her no purpose, and tossed her around in all these situations that were unnecessary. I feel like the Johnny storyline was almost worse than Oliver's. It went on WAY too long, and she was so damn ignorant and oblivious, it was beyond annoying. I'm sorry, but NO WAY is my girl friend allowed to keep hanging out with someone who professed his love to her. PLEASEEEE. The Volchuck storyline was understandable but it sort of just was "there". it dragged on too. Then, her randomly not wanting to go to college, but go on a boat rogue -- it just didn't make sense to the person they built up in Season 1 and Season 2.Also, WHAT THE HECK was that episode before the finale? If I was Mischa - I would have been so mad they wanted me to do that stupid storyline at the boarding school. Making her dress and pretend to be a prostitute .. that's ALL they could come up with on the episode before she dies?! REALLY?! I felt her finale episode was done as best as they could. I always get emotional when they are at the model home one last time. During the car chase, I always want to just scream for Ryan to hit the breaks.. I think the final minutes of the finale when it's just Ryan and Marissa were perfect.I still do NOT think they needed to kill her off. I get the network forced the writers hand, and they had to kill off a main character ,but dang... they could have just let her ride into the sunset with her dad, and not come back season 4. But they needed those ratings - which ultimately was the detriment to the show because ratings went down 50% in the final season.My last recollection of the final season was how much I hated it because it just felt without Marissa's presence, it wasn't right. I felt like Taylor and Ryan were an odd choice to pair up at the end, but maybe I'll change my mind when I start my rewatch.​Season 3 was a really bad season, I can't even sugar coat it. Making Sandy the bad guy, Kirsten doing nothing really, Seths pissy attitude... The only saving grace in Season 3 was Julie and Summer. Kaitlins brief time on the season was enjoyable as well. But the Johnny storyline was so frustrating, and Volchuk storyline could have had better potential, but this show went through so many storylines that could have played out MUCH longer.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.