Sunday, January 14, 2024

SMB Connection issue: Endless "Authentication Dialogue".


full image - Repost: SMB Connection issue: Endless "Authentication Dialogue". (from Reddit.com, SMB Connection issue: Endless "Authentication Dialogue".)
My apologies for my bad english!I succefully setup an SMB server using Windows 10 built in features (not with third party apps). I also set up a separate non-admin account, and only share specific folders.Using MX Player (a media player app) on Android (both my TV and phone), using "Local Network" feature, SMB protocol, and the credential mentioned above, everything seems working smooth and seamless, I clocked-in hundreds of hours with this method.But now I'd like to access these folders using Steam Deck, so far, I have failed.I used two apps, Dolphin file explorer and VLC media player on Steam Deck.When I used them for the first time since the *app** started*, KDE Wallet authenticator will pops and asking my saved password for KDE Wallet itself. I will see I correctly put the password because the dialogue will move over to a different authentication dialogue.Then here comes the issue: it will ask the login credential to the SMB server, over and over again.Based on my limited knowledge of IT, I'm assuming the issue should not on the:* Visibility or incorrect IP, because when I click "Network" section on the Dolphin, the host is shown among all other checks.* Credential, because it's a simple password and I copied from a text field before I pasted it into the KDE Wallet dialogue.* KDE Wallet not passing the credential to the apps, because I tried to disable the KDE Wallet, but the authentication dialogue still behave the same.* Steam Deck (client) held by firewall, because I hosted an FTP server within the same network, Steam Deck can recognize it and able to transfer files both way.But I could be wrong.I tried to do my own research in this subreddit, but I keep seeing questions about the setups of SMB and not this specific issue I'm having. Can you help?Thanks in advance!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.