Monday, January 8, 2024

Where's my wifi?


full image - Repost: Where's my wifi? (from Reddit.com, Where's my wifi?)
So, I'm running windows 11, and my wifi button disappeared. I was confused, I restarted my PC and it was back, so I didn't think much of it. Then it happened again. And again. And again. Until now, where no matter what I do, the option to turn on wifi is completely gone. In fact, all the settings options are also gone. It's just ethernet and bluetooth options, but I can't get the bluetooth internet sharing to work, and I haven't bought a new ethernet cable since I lost mine in my last move, so I haven't tested that one yet. I tried running troubleshooter, but that just keeps telling me to connect to the internet, which is more than a little i n f u r i a t i n g. I tried resetting the network connections, but that didn't seem to do anything.I tried deleting my VPN, but again, that did nothing, and now I have to re-download my VPN when this is all said and done.I tried checking the device manager, but there weren't any network adapter drivers for wifi listed, which stuck out to me. Finally, I tried turning on all the hidden devices and 2 wifi adapters popped up. "Hurray!" I thought "maybe I can solve this problem on my own". Nope.The wifi adapters, named Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #3 and Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4, cannot be enabled, and when I go to update them, it tells me "The best drivers for your device are already installed," then lists Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter (no number this time).At this point, I am at my wits end, and Microsoft has decided they won't help me if I don't pay a subscription for office365 or whatever the fuck, so I'm hoping the lovely folks here can help.TL;DR: Everything related to wifi is missing from my computer, I have no idea why, and I need to fix it. Help, please.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.