Saturday, July 27, 2024

Wifi drops on remote client


full image - Repost: Wifi drops on remote client (from Reddit.com, Wifi drops on remote client )
Ive got 6 FlightAware plane trackers at friends and families houses, all of them for the most part running Spiral Linux (Debian) with FA and Tailscale running. All of these are running on HP ThinClient T630 machines as they were cheaper than Pi's and allow SSD NVME and SDRAM upgrades. everything with 5 of them works fine.my one install at a friends house keeps losing Wifi after 3-5 days - and I cant track down why - His machine has linux Mint installed on it, different than most of my others. Ive updated / upgraded to try to fix it. next time I can Im also going to try to disc-upgrade next time to see if there's a bad driver or kernel issue.I looked at the DMSEG logs and saw a LOT of power management of the wifi card as his router is in the room with the TC, so I tried to disable that to see if it would help. that was Monday, today I got an alert it was offline again.unfortunately the only access I really have to it, is when he turns it off and back on and it reconnects to the network and I can ssh in again.what can I look at to see if there is an issue I can fix?my alternatives right now are set up a CRON task to reboot overnight and hopefully that will keep it online longer or head down there in a couple weeks and replace the wifi / entire device. Im also considering moving from Mint to Spiral to see if that helps, as my other Spiral installs are working flawless (I have another at my house that's flawless wifi too), id prefer to not have to ask him to run a wire to the device.. Also, I installed this PC in Dec, and the wifi drops seem to be occurring more often, I think the first was back in March or April, and then it was monthly, and now its weekly. my buddy is getting tired or resetting it for me lol


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.