Monday, July 29, 2024

pfSense+ and Mikrotik Managed Switch w/ L3 Hardware Offloading


full image - Repost: pfSense+ and Mikrotik Managed Switch w/ L3 Hardware Offloading (from Reddit.com, pfSense+ and Mikrotik Managed Switch w/ L3 Hardware Offloading)
My current network only uses L2 Switches therefore I cannot implement VLANs properly. I am planning to replace this L2 Switches with Mikrotik Switches.I decided to get the CRS317-1G-16S+RM to experience the 10GB network with its L3 Hardware Offloading.I want to keep the DNS, Firewall, NAT, QoS, and basically everything that is addressed to the internet on my pfSense.The CRS317 will only handle the inter-VLAN routing. The users should only be able to access the VLAN100 and VLAN40 but not other VLANs.I'm fairly new to mikrotik so I am consulting with your expert opinions before throwing money to these hardwares. I have watch this video and I have a grasp on how the setup will go. But I am still not 100% sure this will work.Is this correct?I am supposed to create VLANs on the CRS317.On the pfSense create a dedicated VLAN111 for WAN traffic. On the CRS317 add the VLAN then create a default 0.0.0.0/0 route and set the pfSense IP as the gateway.How will the pfSense know the VLANs on my internal network? I want to be able to configure QoS and web filtering based on what VLAN a user is in.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.