Sunday, September 1, 2024

Help building network


full image - Repost: Help building network (from Reddit.com, Help building network)
Hi,To cut a long story short, my wife and her brother are building a family home in a nice and sunny place about 12hrs away from where we live. My mother in law is becoming old so we want to keep an eye on her.The building will have four floors:Floor 1 & 2 are for my mother in law and her sisterFloor 3 is for myself and the wife (we will use it around two weeks a year)Floor 4 is for my brother in law (he will use it less than 6 weeks a year).Because I want to build something cool to keep an eye on my MIL (and because the building has caused some jealousy from the neighbors) I was thinking of the setup below but I know very little about networking so I'm hoping that someone will be willing to help:Router -> provided by the local telco company. We will have either 500mb or 2.5gb internet (Fiber)Outdoor cameras: VIGI C540 (We will have 4-7 devices, cost about $50 each)Indoor Cameras: VIGI C450 or C250 (probably 2)Omada EAP610 ceiling for wifi on the different floors (probably two, $100 each)Controller: OC200 ($60)Switch: TL-SG2210MP (around $110)Recording: stored on a NAS (not sure which one!)I haven't been to the building since February so I am not 100% sure how things have been done but in theory, next to each network cable there should be also a plug for electricity so having only 8 PoE ports should be enough.We will also have a bunch of devices attached such as Firesticks, Apple TVs, Laptops and Mobiles (okay, most of the times it will just by my mother in law's mobile.....)I'm told that the building will be finished in about 2-4 weeks, we will go there in about 10 weeks so I'm starting to plan everything I need to buy/build as I will only have a limited time to do so.Anyone willing to review/criticize my built? Do you think I can do it myself? (I'm okay with building computer/small networks, connecting stuff...but I am no expert and I never built anything this big)thank you!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.