Friday, September 23, 2022

SOS - on older phones without Satellite. How does it work?


full image - Repost: SOS - on older phones without Satellite. How does it work? (from Reddit.com, SOS - on older phones without Satellite. How does it work?)
The power is out in my neighborhood (yaaaay california!). Normally my verizon tower stays up when the power is out, but today it would appear the verizon tower is down, and my Iphone SE (2022 model with IOS 16) has gone into SOS mode. How does SOS mode work when my carrier is down? Is it using another carriers network? Is it some special dedicated e911 band that verizon, etc is mandated to keep up and running even if their main towers go down?Here's some other info:T-mobile and AT&T both have coverage here right now, despite verizon being dead.I moved my sim card into my iphone 8 with IOS 15, and I just have a regular "no service" message in my signal area - as I'd have previously expected with verizon being down.My wifi is down, and I don't have any neighbors with wifi (rural area).I used the SOS feature to call 911 to test it, and indeed it worked (I quickly told the dispatcher it was a test call, they thanked me for not hanging up before they answered, then we both hung up - this is pretty standard in the telecom industry, please don't jump down my throat about it...)After making the 911 call using SOS mode, the 'family member alert' system failed to deliver the text messages it tried sending to family members (per the SOS alert feature).Is this an iphone specific thing? Or do other phones do it also? is it some sort of FCC mandate? Any info you could share would be helpful, thanks. Ideally I'd love a document from apple explaining the order of operations for this stuff (ie: tries local wifi network first, then tries my carriers band, then tries other carriers - or whatever)


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.