Sunday, November 20, 2022

Help! Greenhouse/remote monitoring network.


full image - Repost: Help! Greenhouse/remote monitoring network. (from Reddit.com, Help! Greenhouse/remote monitoring network.)
Hello all!Working on a business/remote network. I have zero experience with weatherproof networking systems.I have some pretty decent experience with Ubiquiti UniFi systems through my own homelab.My wife owns her own business, horiticulturist, and grows in greenhouses. I have a remote monitoring system(SensorPush) for monitoring RH, temperature, etc...The greenhouses are quite a distance away from my house. Due to amount of asphault and other obstacles, I am unable to run direct burial/UG ethernet to the house. So instead, I've decided to run a pair of Ubiquiti airMAX NanoBeam AC 5GHz Bridge units. Pole mounted outdoors at the growing site, and indoors using the NanoBeam 16 Window Mount in the house. I have LoS except for some tree limbs. Plenty of bandwidth availability according to the management interface.Anyway, those aren't my issues. I have zero idea how to protect the PoE switch inside the greenhouse, as well as how to use these Ubiquiti PoE surge protectors. Using PoE switch becuase I have several G3 Pro cameras I am deploying. The surge protectors appear to have a bond strap around the two RJ-45 recepticles with a screw hole between, and the unit came with a screw. Not sure what the screw is used for other than bonding to PE, but the screw type is unusual for this purpose. Its not a machine scew, a self-tap, nor the type you'd use to secure to DIN rail.So, am I supposed to have a surge protector at each end of each outdoor PoE device or only on one end? If only single ended, which end? Seems like it should be both ends in case the UG ethernet is struck.As far as some IP66/IP67 enclosures go for hosting the PoE switch (just using a Netgear thing right now because I can't find any other anything in stock anywhere right now), are there any recommendations? Something white would probably be good to help reflect solar energy and keep temperatures down. Just thinking about the US-8-60w that is in my attic only running 4x G3 Flex's, I can't touch it in the Summer without gloves on for more than a few seconds. I can mount this enclosure to unistrut or anything else.And yes, if anyone has a suggestion of a small UPS that I can shove in this enclosure for 4 hours of ~120w of backup in 0F-110F, that'd be great. 4Ah?Thanks for any help!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.