Thursday, November 3, 2022

Help with first time setup on my roommate's router


full image - Repost: Help with first time setup on my roommate's router (from Reddit.com, Help with first time setup on my roommate's router)
Some complications:The internet is completely in my roommate's name, of which I pay half. She has chosen a cheaper, less reliable internet company which I've never heard of, but that ISP uses the Infrastructure of a larger company (Rogers, for you fellow canadians).The router/modem has a home IP address shown on the manufacturer's label, but I'm not able to access that "home page" when i enter it. I keep getting "Page not found". I suspect my less-than-tech-savvy roommate has elicited help from one of her friends with "setting up security" for the internet, who maybe has changed the IP address you're meant to enter to login to the router.The wifi has only one SSID, and I believe that to be both the 2.4 and the 5G bands. I cannot set up any smart devices that require a 2.4G network, since my phone and the smart devices see the wifi as a 5G network.When I ask the roommate for access to the router to make my setups, she refers me to her friend. This friend has a crush on the roommate, and seems to have a chip on his shoulder about me living with her (plutonically, we've known each other 20 years, never once had any romantic interactions). I'm denied access to the router because he doesn't want me making changes to "his setup". He is also never here, so I can't even do the setups "under his supervision".So now I'm resigned to either paying for my own ISP account (if I want decent speeds for my gaming/downloads/shows, it's gonna cost me around $100 a month), or finding smart devices that can be setup on 5G networks.What are your opinions? How can I get some home automation toys for my section of the house if my bottleneck is my roommates permission for the internet? Is there a way around the 5G network?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.