Monday, November 21, 2022

Packet Loss with Unifi devices - Homekit related?


full image - Repost: Packet Loss with Unifi devices - Homekit related? (from Reddit.com, Packet Loss with Unifi devices - Homekit related?)
Hi all,I tried to post this first on r/HomeKit but it got rejected because I don't have enough post karma for it to go through yet or something; since it relates, tangentially, to Ubiquiti, maybe this is something you all can provide some input/advice/ideas on?Anyway, I have a UDR, 3 Wifi 6 APs (4000+ sf house), a Wifi 6 Extender, and a Switch Lite 16 POE.I was initially having packet loss issues on my home network (multiple per day, whenever people were home) that I thought would be fixed by an adjustment from a tech visit from Spectrum (my IP); things have definitely helped to decrease the amount of packet loss since their visit to where it is almost zero, but I did notice something odd a couple of days ago that I was hoping someone has the knowledge to help me out with.I came home a couple of days ago and noticed that my iPad gave out a notification some 5 hours prior (when no one was home) that none of my HomeKit hubs were connected (4 hubs, 2 of which are wired connections; I forget the exact wording of the notification). I noticed on Unifi dashboard that, at around the same time, a packet loss for about 10 minutes or so had occurred.Might the packet loss be related to something that HomeKit is doing? I did Google it and came across a couple of mentions on it; on this page here, someone from Ubiquiti support, 2/3 of the way down, mentions "It could be packet loss of the HomeKit commands sent by Home App.  As I understand it, they are sent UDP and are susceptible to failures resulting from dropped WiFi packets (but I could be wrong here)." I wanted to see if anyone else can confirm that, or has had this happen with them and, if so, what can be done to keep this from happening.I have about 15 or so HomeKit devices, if that helps.Just trying to nail this down, and would love to hear from the group if Ubiquiti just doesn't work great with HomeKit devices. Or maybe I am just being neurotic over packet loss now... :)Thanks :)


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.