Sunday, January 22, 2023

Smart home hubs stopped working after I moved and changed ISPs?


full image - Repost: Smart home hubs stopped working after I moved and changed ISPs? (from Reddit.com, Smart home hubs stopped working after I moved and changed ISPs?)
Modem: Netgear CM1200 Router: Linksys MX10 Velop AX5300 (2 points) Hubs: Blink Hole Camera system (resolved) and Sengled E39-G8C with Apple HomeKit ISP: Spectrum (400mbps)About a year ago, I moved a county over to a new house. It required me to change ISPs (Xfinity to Spectrum). I owned all of my own equipment, so I came with me for the move and all was compatible. We did have an issue with the modem shortly after we moved, and we got a replacement. We kept the same SSID and password, so most things just reconnected automatically when it was plugged in. This is true for our smart lights (more below).I moved in the dead of winter, so I didn’t get my Blink camera system setup until spring. I moved to a safer neighborhood anyway, so I wasn’t that worried. When I went to set it up, the hub gave me every issue in the book. It would not connect. I tried resetting, restarting, disabling the 5GHz, even changing the SSID and password of my Wi-Fi. I contacted Blink and they figured it was an issue with the hub itself, so they sent me a new one for free. I tried it—still nothing. After weeks, the only solution that worked was to activate the guest network and connect it to that. I’ve no issues since.Fast forward to now: one of the lightbulbs in my house burnt out, so I decided to buy another Sengled smart bulb to replace it with. I’ve had 4 Sengled bulbs for 3 years, and they’ve worked wonderfully for me. I went to add it to the app and it says my hub is offline. Weird, I thought. My HomePod and iPhone still respond to commands for the lights. I tried unplugging the hub and plugging it back in. Nothing. Alright, I’ve had this issue before. I just deleted it from the app and reconnected it (which, is what the app recommended anyway). Bad, bad idea.It will not reconnect. It’s like déjà vu with the Blink system all over again. The app says it can see the Sengled hub (it is directly connected to my router, per instructions and previous setup) but whenever I try to “connect” to it, it says “connection failed”. I have tried restarting everything, opening the ports the website recommends, swapped satellite points it’s connected to, new Ethernet cord, everything—and nothing works. I can’t connect this one to the guest network because it is plugged in directly with Ethernet and there’s no way around it. Ironically though, I can still add the hub directly through HomeKit. It still works that way, but I have no way to add anything new to my smart lights.I changed absolutely nothing when I moved besides my ISP and a new modem, which, is the exact same one. I received a warranty replacement. I’m so confused and can only think it’s likely the ISP issue, but that wouldn’t make sense.Has anyone else experienced such a phenomenon? Anyone have a solution? Anything I can try? I feel insane. I just want to keep trying before the return window on the lightbulb runs out.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.