Friday, September 29, 2023

Looking for some SE advice - space transition


full image - Repost: Looking for some SE advice - space transition (from Reddit.com, Looking for some SE advice - space transition)
So, I'm about 30 hours into my first SE run - I have a fairly functional scaled down main bus base (this is my initial base) - good for about 15 SPM and basic buildings through orange science, but hitting the wall pretty hard on getting the cargo rocket built (chemical undersized, so batteries are choking my RCU production). I have everything but a few of the infinite researches done that can be done before orbit. Biters are pushed back pretty far from my pollution (which hasn't expanded as I've been focusing on efficiency - you do not sprint through a 300 hour game), I've got an umbrella built with a charged steam battery, so I'm *ready* to go to space, but it's going to take several hours to get a 2nd cargo rocket up with my anemic battery/RCU production - and that anemic production means that I don't want to build out my solar because the accumulators will just push that out further. So not only am I about to tackle the orbital building, I need to do a domestic expansion as well. So, I have a few questions:1) how many life support canisters is reasonable for a first rocket trip? I don't have a good sense of that, but my guess is that a stack should be more than adequate to get things cleaned up and get a basic bot network put down, throw everything into storage chests, and head home. 2) Should I expect to only get a few space science labs running up there, no real expansion - just landing pads, and cannon chests for later, signal transmitter to set up logistics - and delivery cannon resources for the foreseeable future. That way I can turn off cargo rocket production, keep satellites going up for rocket science and have at least *some* resources for expansion. That would also permit rushing artillery which I'll soon need given my next oil patch is fucking MILES away (great starting seed turned out to be a pretty terrible expansion one). Let the orbital base just run on autopilot more or less until space science research is done while I get a scalable base built, outposts secured, new core drills going, etc. 3) Right now I have point meteor defense around the umbrella and rockets, but the orbital base won't have any. Is planetary meteor defense worth rushing? The power draw is the main problem, so I'd be dedicating a couple hours of base expansion to just getting them powered, which seems like a bad trade-off. Should I plan to put a point defense on the orbital platform for now just to get through this period, skip it, rush planetary? I got the warning on not letting CME go ignored, but not sure what risk meteors present to the orbital base.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.