Sunday, September 17, 2023

My Experience with ATT Internet Air


full image - Repost: My Experience with ATT Internet Air (from Reddit.com, My Experience with ATT Internet Air)
I have been testing ATT Internet Air for 3 days now. This will likely replace my old ATT VSDL connection. My VDSL connection was was 25 down and 2 up. It served as my backup internet connection for Charter Spectrum which I will keep. So far ATT Internet Air has met or exceeded my expectations.I have to start by saying that ATT wants you to download the Smart Home App to complete the setup of the All-FI hub. I couldn't get it to work. The app isn't needed though. You can just let the device boot up and connect to its Wi-Fi via the information on the back. Navigate to 192.168.1.254 to view the broadband status and change settings.Speaking of settings...those familiar with the ATT uverse gateways will feel right at home with the All-Fi hub. The settings site has the same look and feel and most of the same options.Here are some FAQs that may help others.Can I disable wifi? -- Yes. Just go to the wifi settings page.Can I enable IP passthrough if I want to use my own router? -- Yes. Go to the Firewall | IP Passthrough page and select Passthrough as the allocation mode and then use DHCPS-fixed and select the MAC address of your router in the device list.Can I see the which cell site I'm connected to? -- Yes. It will also show RSRP, RSRQ, and SINR.Will I get an IPv6 address? -- Yes. Just make sure DHCP and DHCP-PD is enabled in the Home Network | IPv6 page.Is the service utilizing CGNAT? -- No. I'm getting a public IPv4 address in the space 99.166.x.x.Will I get an open NAT on my XBOX? -- Yes. Assuming you have port forwarding setup correctly on the router behind the ATT All-Fi gateway and you have IP Passthrough mode enabled you'll get an open NAT. I'm assuming UPnP works if directly connected to the All-Fi hub, but I haven't tested it.What can I expect for ping times? -- I'm getting about 35ms to various public DNS servers. I believe this is actually a hair better than my ping times on the uverse VDSL service. It is, however, 2-3x slower than my Charter service.Can I expect a good gaming experience? -- Yes. According to my son he was seeing acceptable results in online play. It may not be as good as cable, but definitely good enough.What can I expect for bandwidth? -- I'm getting about 50/30 mbps down/up. This is with an RSRP of -100 to -95, RSRQ of -12, and SINR of 20 to 30 on band 2 of 4G LTE. I am 1.25 km from the tower. The antenna in the All-Fi hub is pretty good. The signal is significantly better than with my cell phone on the same cell and band. In fact, my phone usually can't even connect to band 2 because the RSRP is too low.Can I expect a stable IPv4 address? -- I don't know yet.​​


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.