Sunday, September 10, 2023

Should I quit my producing job?


full image - Repost: Should I quit my producing job? (from Reddit.com, Should I quit my producing job?)
I’ve been working at a small tv station as a Jack of all trades production assistant- camera op, floor direct, etc. etc. since January. In June I was offered a position as producer for one of our talk shows and I took it- I knew it wouldn’t pay much but I figured it would be a good resume builder and at least some different experience. It’s been much worse than expected- I make $15 an hour, put up with people who just want to come on the show to stroke their ego and promote themselves, and produce shows every evening M-F. It’s just too much work for such little compensation (or at least that’s how I feel). What is turning me off even more is when I asked for business cards, they gave me generic cards without my name on them. There’s nothing more embarrassing than networking and giving someone a business card without my name on it. It just shows they didn’t expect me to stay long. I’m just wanting some outside input on my situation from people who have more experience in the industry- I just don’t know if it would be worth it to put up with it for a few more months to get some experience, or if I just need to give my notice and go back to working part time on the crew and keep working on freelance gigs (and possibly go back to school to get a welding or construction certificate if that would help me working as a grip)


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.