Saturday, December 16, 2023

How can you access the Fidium router's settings via a local ip Address?


full image - Repost: How can you access the Fidium router's settings via a local ip Address? (from Reddit.com, How can you access the Fidium router's settings via a local ip Address?)
Little bit annoyed after switching over from Consolidated Fiber to Fidium Fiber at the moment. Our setup before the "upgrade" was the DZS ONT where the fiber enters the house which connected to a Cat3 for voice and Cat6 which connected to the Consolidated owned Zyxel router. With the old router, they were nice enough to put a sticker on it that showed the SSID, password, Default network address (gateway 192.168.1.1), Administrator ID, and Administrator Password. So with that, I could go to the router's settings and change the settings and while it wasn't a fancy router, it was pretty standard and easy to modify things. I also liked that I could have a separate 2.4 GHZ network for the ip cameras and 5 GHz for other devices. We had the lowest tier 50/50 plan which for this elderly family member was plenty but their promotion had ran out so they asked me to call to see if we could get another promotion and since the 50/50 plan didn't even exist anymore, we were told we could upgrade to their current lowest tier 100/100 plan and get a new promotion but would need to switch to Fidium. Apparently it's just the name of their fiber which is weird because they still have Consolidated Fiber too but whatever, that's how it is. I was told that the Consolidated equipment would not be compatible with Fidium's advanced super duper fiber however so a tech would need to come and change it all out and give us the latest mesh router which would improve everything. Great! I got the appointment for Saturday (today) at 9 am so I could be there too in case there are issues and to make sure and reconnect all the security cameras, etc.Well, the tech showed up at 8:15 while I was still 45 minutes away and the elderly family member asked him to call me and the guy's first question was "Do you want a new router or keep your old one?" I told him that we were told it'd all have to be changed so he looked some stuff up and said "I can change it for you" and as a courtesy, said he'd change the network name to the old name so I wouldn't have to change it. Great! He installed the DZS router and left...not before blowing up the bathroom, but I digress.TLDR; part1 Once I got there, I found that there was only one network name instead of the 2.4 and the 5 GHz versions so I'd have to change the SSID and update the cameras, but there was no sticker or anything about how to access the router. I did an ipconfig and saw that the default gateway was now 192.168.40.1 which unless there is something I don't know seems kind of random for just a small house router, but even then, nothing would load up in my browser when I went there. The web portal would also only take me to the placeholder page so I called tech support and after waiting for 20 minutes on hold, the thick accented person told me our account was locked and I'd need to talk to customer care. When I got transferred to customer care said they weren't tech support and couldn't help me and it'd take 2 days for the account to go online for tech support to be able to help me, but the tech who installed it should have installed the Fidium app on our phone. I checked the elderly family member's phone and no app on there. Fortunately, I was able to install the Fidium Attune app on my phone myself and was able to change the SSID name, but it's a very very simple app.TLDR; (for real this time), Is the Fidium Attune app the only way to access the router?? I assume that it goes through the cloud first and access the router through the internet but surely there is a way to access it locally, right? I still want to separate out the 5GHz and 2.4 GHz bands and don't see a way to do this...in particular, I'd want to expand the 2.4 GHz band with another access point but the two are together so not sure how I can do that now. Not paying an extra $10 a month for a satellite for the router. ​


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.