Monday, December 11, 2023

unemployed six months after grad school


full image - Repost: unemployed six months after grad school (from Reddit.com, unemployed six months after grad school)
posting on here for any and all advice. i graduated with my MA in Politics in May of this year from a top university, and despite applying to over 100 jobs, i’ve still only gotten one interview since i graduated. i’ve been applying to tons of different types of jobs, including in policy, research, administrative work, and consulting. i’ve edited my resume, focused on writing really great cover letters, networked with people i know, and i still have gotten nowhere. outside of my two degrees, i also have a six-month UN internship, a copy editor position i held during grad school on a political science journal at my university, and a lot of volunteer community work on diverse topics. i’m at the point now where my lack of progress on the job hunt is really impacting my mental health. i wake up every day feeling depressed and anxious, and i’m worried that this long of a period of unemployment after my graduation is going to begin to negatively impact my job prospects. i am currently working on applying to PhD programs for this cycle, and work on applications has definitely made a dent in the time i have to apply to jobs, but of the ones i’ve been applying to during this slower period, none have contacted me for an interview. i can’t help but feel like i’m failing in some large way, or like there’s something on my resume that’s a red flag. i just feel at such an extreme loss.i’m trying to remain hopeful and keep up the search, but it’s so demoralizing and making me feel very defeated. i’m trying to stay positive, but i’m wondering if there’s anything more i can be doing, and if i’m in such a large hole at this point that i won’t be able to fix my situation.so, is an unemployment period of this long (may to december) after grad school a red flag? am i fucked? is there anything i can do besides keep applying?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.