Saturday, July 13, 2024

Switching from WiFi to Ethernet for Arc/Era 300 HT setup?


full image - Repost: Switching from WiFi to Ethernet for Arc/Era 300 HT setup? (from Reddit.com, Switching from WiFi to Ethernet for Arc/Era 300 HT setup?)
Hi,I’ve tried to read up on this but keep finding conflicting info. I have an Arc, 2 Era 300 surrounds, & a Sub Mini as our primary HT setup. Currently, everything is on WiFi but I’d like to switch the Arc/Sub Mini over to ethernet. This should allow for a more stable network but it also seems it may cause a few other issues.Since the Era 300s don’t support SonosNet which I understand is automatically created when using a wired Ethernet setup, I’ve read that one cannot disable WiFI on the primary devices (ie Arc or Sub Mini). Sonos also recommends converting as many products as possible to wired if you’re gonna wire one, which also conflicts with some user experiences here which say only wire one item.However, it also appears that SonosNet can conflict with one’s current WiFi setup so the channels have to be changed. Is this info all correct? Is there anything else I’d need to do if I want to convert to wired Ethernet setup? Do you use wired or WiFi for your Sonos gear? Is there any sonic benefit to having wired vs WiFi? I usually go with the mantra “wire anything that can be” to lessen the WiFi burden but I also don’t want to break things that are working. Would love to hear any thoughts. Thanks!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.